Marriages and families are the very foundation of a nation. To maintain a stable society it is critical that we have strong marriages that provide a safe and healthy environment for children to grow.
Therefore, government has a responsibility to support and protect marriage.
Ultimately, however, it is God who gave marriage its significance. Immediately after the creation of a man and a woman God established the institution of marriage when He said “a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh” (Genesis 2:26).
To learn more about the importance of marriage and family check out some of the articles in this section of our website.
- Heritage Coalition Proclamation on Sexual Preference
- Talking to Teens About Drugs
- Defense of Marriage Amendment
- Why Marriage Matters by FamilyScholars.org
- A Civil Debate on Gay Marriage by Jeff Jacoby
- Sexual Orientation Ordinances and First Amendment Rights
- Current Marriage and Family Bills
- Nichols vs. Nichols Amicus Brief