The union between one man and one woman – marriage – is timeless, universal and special. Marriage is the fundamental building block of all human civilization.
The lifelong, faithful union of a man and a woman provides many benefits to society, especially children. Did you know that when a child’s dad is married to his mom, the probability of the child living in poverty drops by 82 percent? That’s a powerful statistic!
Society should protect and strengthen marriage, not undermine it. Sadly, we are living in a time where our public policies are rapidly changing to make marriage a genderless institution focused on the desires of adults instead of the needs of children. Even in Nebraska, lawmakers are proposing removing all references to the terms “husband and wife” and “mother and father” from all Nebraska laws and replacing them with gender neutral terms.
For this reason, it’s even more critical that we as Christians celebrate true marriage: the lifelong union of one man and one woman, dedicated to raising any children their union produces. You can join us in celebrating National Marriage Week, by strengthening and investing in your own marriage!
- Plan to do something fun with your spouse this Valentine’s day! Check out these 25 inexpensive date ideas
- Take time to pray with your spouse every day this week for the marriages of your friends and family.
- Check out the 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman. Find out your primary love languages for free.
- Family Life hosts weekend seminars across the country on marriage. Find a Family Life Weekend to Remember Marriage Getaway near you! You can also enter NFA’s giveaway for two FREE tickets to the Lincoln or Omaha Weekend to Remember.
- Check out the online streaming edition of the Love and Respect Conference. It’s just $87.