The pull motion to bring LB814 out of committee and to the full legislature for debate was successful! LB814 would finally end dismemberment abortion in Nebraska.
State Senators voted 30-8 with seven senators “Present – Not Voting” and four senators “Excused – Not Voting.” See how your senator voted.
What Happens Now?
Thanks to your prayers and advocacy, LB814 has a very real opportunity to pass into law this year.
The bill must now go through three rounds of voting, starting early this week.
Because pro-choice senators have promised to filibuster the bill in an attempt to kill it, we will need 33 votes to end the filibuster and pass the bill through each of the three rounds of voting.
The good news is that we have a path to 33 votes to pass the bill before the session ends on August 13th!
What Can You Do?
1. Please contact your state senator and encourage them to support LB814 through all three rounds of voting.
- If your senator supported the pull motion, thank them for their vote and encourage them to continue to protect the vulnerable and stand for the dignity of human life.
- If your senator did not support the pull motion or was “present – not voting,” share with them how important this bill is to you. Ask your representative to set aside any political or procedural differences and vote to pass LB814 because no human being should be torn apart limb by limb.
2. Follow us on Facebook and text “PRAYNFA” to (402) 383-5433 to receive updates on LB814 as the bill progresses.
3. Please join us in continuing to pray for our government leaders, for LB814 to pass into law, and for every life to be cherished and protected in our state.
LB814 will not only stop the killing of innocent preborn children in a gruesome manner, but it will also help reduce the risk of bodily harm and mental and emotional distress to the mother from this type of procedure.
Preborn children and their mothers deserve better than dismemberment abortion. We can love them both.