The NFA Daily Spotlight: Historic Legislation You Need To Know About
This week on the NFA Daily Spotlight, Karen and Nate discuss five important bills in the Nebraska Legislature that were recently heard in committee. These policy proposals represent a historic opportunity to protect children and people of faith in our state and make Nebraska the best place to live, work, and raise a family.
- LB 626, the Nebraska Heartbeat Act, is a bill that will protect thousands of preborn babies by prohibiting abortion when a fetal heartbeat is present.
- LB 277, the First Freedom Act, is a bill that defends the First Amendment rights of all Nebraskans by clearly defining the exercise of religion.
- LB 574, the Let Them Grow Act, protects children from harmful drugs and surgeries by prohibiting experimental puberty blockers, cross-sex hormones, and gender reassignment surgeries on minors.
- LB 575, the Sports and Spaces Act, protects women’s and girls’ athletic opportunities in Nebraska by ensuring that only biological females can compete in female sports.
- LB 810, the Medical Ethics and Diversity Act, protects the conscience rights of healthcare providers by ensuring they cannot be compelled to participate in medical procedures that violate their conscience.
For updates and to learn more about other legislation we’re monitoring this session, visit our online 2023 Bill Tracker, and sign up for our email network to stay informed and know when to take action.