The 2018 legislative session has come to a close. Karen Bowling, Executive Director and Nate Grasz, Policy Director sit down to discuss what happened. This year, four NFA-supported bills became law, but those weren’t our only victories. Every NFA-opposed bill was defeated this year!
- NFA-Supported Bills That Passed
- NFA-Opposed Bills That Were Defeated
- LB 460 – Fantasy Sports Gambling
- LB 173 – Protected Class Status for Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity
- LB 450 – Assisted Suicide
- LB 785 – Remove ‘Husband and Wife’ from State State Statute
- LB 891 – Add Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity to the Psychology Practice Act Nondiscrimination Policy
It has been a busy, exciting and successful year, thanks to the support and prayers of our network. Every day we are at the Capitol, we thank God for his provision, and for each of our faithful ministry partners. Your investment made these victories possible!
Although the session just concluded last week, our team is already looking forward to 2019 and continuing to advance Family, Freedom, and Life in our state!